Biography

I was born in Chernovich, Ukraine to a small family. My dad was a lawyer and my mother was a doctor and following the fall of communism and the rise of anti-Semitism, we opted to move to Israel for the sake of a better a future and the rise of immediate physical danger to us. I moved to Israel at the age of 2 and lived in the northern town of Afula prior to moving to the United States. While living in Israel, I had the pleasure to study a variety of languages ranging from Arabic to French. Moreover, I focused my extracurricular activities on student government becoming the President of my class. Due to the rise in violence and the mandatory draft that Israel had, my parents decided to move again this time to the United States.
I came to the United States at the age of 13 and several months after began attending Elmwood Park Memorial High School. Despite the obstacles of learning a new language and acclimating to a new country, I excelled both in my studies and club activities. I was 11th in my class and graduated with honors in conjunction to being the president of my class for two years, the founder and president of the debate club, varsity captain and MVP of my tennis team, and several other clubs.
Upon graduating from high school, I began attending The College of New Jersey with a focus in law and political science. During my junior year, I added a history major after taking several history courses on the Former Soviet Union and the Middle East conflict. In school, I worked hard and ensured I had a competitive GPA earning myself a position on the dean list for the past 6 semesters. Moreover, I was accepted to Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Alpha Theta (History Honor Society), and Phi Sigma Alpha (Political Science Honor Society). While in college, I also became a Community Advisor/Residential advisor and was promoted to Community Coordinator wherein I was in charge of a Staff of Housing Assistants and programming for residence halls with over 300 students yearly. Moreover, I am the president of Hillel, the Jewish Student Union, and was able to create a diversity accepting and tolerant campus with many programs aimed at commemorating the Holocaust. My service to the college community was acknowledged at the Student Leadership Awards ceremony where I won the Elizabeth Allen Scholarship in 2008 and the William M. Klepper Scholarship in 2009. My studies and experiences aimed at sustaining social justice leading to my interest in law. Accordingly, I will be attending Seton Hall Law School hoping to expand my knowledge on the field.

Bellow you will find an updated resume that contains my academic achievements, work experience, awards, and leadership position that I have held. Please take some time to look through the document and perhaps find some facets of the document that would in agreement with your needs and qualification for an employee or an intern.

Resume

No comments:

Post a Comment